• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Starting/Eletrical Issues

18rlandis

I'm new here so I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this or not but away.

I bought a 86 m1009 about a year ago it ran fine no issues other then the starter going out. I replaced the starter and it was fine. Well the other day I went to start it and it was cranking really slow and after a couple seconds I turned the key off but the starter kept cranking and the 12v wire under the hood that I believe goes to the ignition started smoking. The fuseable link in the wire burnt up and the engine finally stopped cranking over. I replaced the wire and everything has power but now it won't crank over at all. What would've cause the engine to keep cranking over with the ignition off.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks