• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

status update(on main bearings)

red devils dude

pappa-G I know the crank is not bent when they shipped it up here they drove it on to the truck the driver said it ran
great no rumble or vibrations, pappa-G did you rebuild your engine I'm PMing you.

Ken no Jacking bolt holes the ones on top are for oil pan.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok found it!!! In TM-9-2815-204-35 On page 187, Figure 300. It shows the two bolts, They are part if six that hold the rear crank oil seal housing to the block. The flyweel has to come off to get them and the rear oil seal out. Sorry dude!!!

red devils dude

I know called a friend of the family who was a motor-pool man he says I going to need a lot of help
on this one, :banghead: any advice for pulling engine and think I can do it without the heads(they have the lift brackets)
maybe something that go's on the stud's?
no engine host so I'm going to be useing a fork-lift(this is going to be fun :shakehead:)
I'm going to have and roundup some help for this one :devil:

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why don't you just drop the tranny??? lay a 4x4 post across the doors and use a chain fall to lower it to the ground. I can get mine out in 30 minutes

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just take out the pass seat, Tranny cover, and bellhousing cover on the floor board. Remove the drive shaft to the T-Case. I used two 3/8 eye bolts and put them where trans shifter cover bolts were. Rigged up my chainfall and removed the bell housing bolts, then pulled it back untill the input shaft cleared then lowered it to the ground. Mabye you could use the forklift that you were going to use to pull the motor. Just remove the top and put the forks over the cab. Oh yea don't forget to take the front drive shaft out. The tranny will not clear it on the way down.

rdixiemiller

I have a boat winch that mounts to the arm of my engine hoist. I used a rig like that years ago to get dumptruck transmissions in and out. 2 eyebolts in the top cover holes and you are ready to go!

Wyattearp

I think that is what ken is talking about, and just lower the tranny from the 4x4 post which can be done with either a come-along or any type of hoist device im sure.
Ken correct me if im wrong as im getting a mental picture of what your saying.. hehehe that right there may have very well helped me in a big way also to do tranny work.