• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Std. Mil Engine powered pumps

m139h2otruck

Other than the little single cylinder powered pumps for fuel (one on E-bay now) were there any other 2 or 4 cylinder powered water pumps made? Would really like to have a 3" or 4" 4 cylinder powered unit if they exist. Thanks

Bill W

I had a portable Navy 3" pump, its powerplant was a 40hp evenrude 2cyl,2stroke. It was water cooled using the cyntrifical pump as its source ( hopefully it primed quick). Later versions of this pump had neumatic (sp) starters that took those little Co2 cartridges to turn the motor. I'm told these things were a disaster from the start but when they worked as advertised they did 300+gpm. I bought mine for $40 and later sold it the the guy next door for $50 he got it running and still uses it today.

m139h2otruck

Saw one of these outboard driven pumps on GL or E-bay one time. Looked like a problem!! Still looking for a 2 or 4 cylinder driven unit, if they even built them. Thanks

m139h2otruck

Bill, missed the bid as I don't have a computer at home and the bid ended on Sunday. When cheap @ $202 something each.

Still looking for info if there was any pump powered by the 4a032 engine. Since the bolt pattern is an SAE standard #5, I think I can make/assemble one if I can find a pump with the correct bellhousing.