• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers MV of the month 2019 - November VOTE HERE!

Please vote for MV of the month

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Migginsbros

camerabilder canon bis 15.01.2012 078.jpg camerabilder canon bis 15.01.2012 015.jpg unimog 2049.jpg

Some more details about this 1975 Unimog 406.145 aircraft tug.
Portal axels with spring suspension, 2 off original 1,3 ton (each) rear weights
which we replaced with a selfmade 0,8 ton (each) set for a better speed up :D

campain 406.145 037.jpg campain 406.145 039.jpg IMG_6260.jpg IMG_6243.jpg

Fold down rear passenger backrest for a better view thru an additional window to the hitches.

Intake with a cyclon top and exhaust with a spark eleminator. Heater and some switches.

Convoy light and and spotlight.

IMG_6247.jpg IMG_6253.jpg IMG_6256.jpg

unimog 2082.jpg Pull2.jpg

Thank you for voting this usefull, versatile and compact MV this month.
Need to reach the 3rd place (as usual) or we have to get a stencil for the front doors. :cool::cool:

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Exhibition

We made a very small exhibition in our museum as part of the 30 year end of Cold War activities. Unfortunately, we were not able to move the truck to our location, so we had to do with the shield and a lot of talking about it.

poster-nakladak-r.jpg

It is in Czech language, but most of the text is also in English on our website, on the left pictures of activities of the Corps Engineers during the Cold War. Top and bottom pics are loading and transporting raw material through the corridor to West Berlin in the late 1950 and early 1960s. The smaller pics in the middle are of vehicles stored in POMS in Germany and the Netherlands.
On the right, some pics of our M51 A2, which used to be assigned to the 368 Eng. Batt. in New Hampshire from 1973 to 1986. During or shortly after that assignment, the truck was moved to the POMS Ter Apel, Netherlands. There, it was waiting 14 years for a war that never came, after which it was sold as surplus. Ten years later, we managed to buy it for our museum in the Czech Republic.

dmetalmiki

We made a very small exhibition in our museum as part of the 30 year end of Cold War activities. Unfortunately, we were not able to move the truck to our location, so we had to do with the shield and a lot of talking about it.

View attachment 783860

It is in Czech language, but most of the text is also in English on our website, on the left pictures of activities of the Corps Engineers during the Cold War. Top and bottom pics are loading and transporting raw material through the corridor to West Berlin in the late 1950 and early 1960s. The smaller pics in the middle are of vehicles stored in POMS in Germany and the Netherlands.
On the right, some pics of our M51 A2, which used to be assigned to the 368 Eng. Batt. in New Hampshire from 1973 to 1986. During or shortly after that assignment, the truck was moved to the POMS Ter Apel, Netherlands. There, it was waiting 14 years for a war that never came, after which it was sold as surplus. Ten years later, we managed to buy it for our museum in the Czech Republic.
where are you located exactly..and the 'post code'?

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The address of the Czech Emigration Museum is Kojakovice 80,
Zip code 379 01
GPS N 48° 55' 46.5", E 14° 44' 18.5"
Some more pics of getting ready for transport from the Netherlands to the Czech Republic

08072011308.jpg08072011309-resize.jpg
First, taking the 5th wheel off and putting the dump body back.

DSC_0057_resize.JPGDSC_0060_resize.JPG

then riding onto a container flatbed and being loaded upon a truck for transport to the pick-up location.

DSC_0070_resize.JPG

I really really thought I had a bad-a** truck. Seeing it piggy-backing on this Scania, it looks small.

DSC_0095_resize.JPG
Loading the M51 A2 w/w towing the Atlas AB 1500 excavator onto the lowboy for transport to the Czech Republic

truck-bagger-nsu.jpg 2012-06 june truck lossen 15-resize.jpg

On the way to the Czech Republic. Hard to see, but there are three historic vehicles on the trailer:

- a 1953 NSU Konsul I 350 cc bike
- a 1965 Dump Truck M51 A2 w/w
- a 1966 Atlas AB 1500 Excavator

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here we are going into the final days of the November 2019 MV of the Month, and we have a very nice M38A1 Jeep tied for 1st place with an equally nice GE Center Cab Locomotive. I'm sure this is a first.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well done, Jnissen! But, as it should be, a close finish. As I have said many times before during these competitions - "How am I supposed to pick just one?!?"

In this case, Jnissen is a fellow club member, which made for an easy choice, but the other vehicles are great too.

Cheers

jnissen

Thank you all who voted. I’m honored. Yes the choices were amazing as all the vehicles were outstanding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congreats to the winner with. Outstanding work for a private. ;-)

As a close runner-up, I think that Ferroequinologist should be awarded with a separate railroad forum! :carnac:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks