• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steering Column P-N-D-2-1 cable support?

cucvegas

Does anyone know of a good way to support the cable that pulls the gear selector on the steering column / dash? The plastic piece that holds the wire broke off.

I tried JB weld to hold the plastic piece that broke off, and it wasn't strong enough.

Could you screw in a small bolt to let the cable run over the smooth shank?

Thanks!

Attachments

cucvrus

Yes. I have done it many times. Get an 1/8" drill bit and drill a hole in the steel dash where the axis center should be on the cable guide. Get a T nut a 1/24 T nut from a hardware store and a sheet metal screw long enough to fit thru the T nut and attach to the steel dash. Grease the T nut and the cable. Adjust on the column shift sleeve and call it fixed. Good Luck. Be Safe.

cucvrus

Check this out. I did some repairs to this nice M1009 back in December 2019. Shows my T nut and screw and end results. Go thru the thread. I have a few pointers in there. hope they help. Good Luck.

cucvegas

Check this out. I did some repairs to this nice M1009 back in December 2019. Shows my T nut and screw and end results. Go thru the thread. I have a few pointers in there. hope they help. Good Luck.
Thank you!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks