• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steering Wheel Issues

army inc

It's been a while since I've posted anything about "The General" as the last owner called her. But I've looked in the manual to remove the steering wheel, and they say use a puller (pictured and everything). I've also used the search function on another way to remove it, and all I've seen were repairs using epoxy fillers and such. Is there another way to remove the steering wheel? I've also got a rebuilders manual and they say use an air hammer... but I don't have one. Any other ways to remove this wheel? I plan on replacing it as the cracks are just too big, or it is just missing big chunks of the wheel. Thanks.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Remove the nut, soak splines in penetrating lube for a day, then beat on the underside of the wheel with a hammer. Obviously for a wheel that is going in the trash.

army inc

Remove the nut, soak splines in penetrating lube for a day, then beat on the underside of the wheel with a hammer. Obviously for a wheel that is going in the trash.
I just don't want to damage the splines that attach to the steering wheel. That's why I haven't tried that method. I'll give it a shot I guess, I just don't want to damage the rest of the steering assembly.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks