• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steering Wheel Nut Size?

mhb285

Wll,
Got a replacement green steering wheel to replace the severly sun cracked existing one on my truck.
Can someone tell be the size of the nut holding it on?
Anyone got any pointers on removing the old steering wheel?
I'm open to all sugestions
Thanks
mike Bogner

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't know about the size of the nut, my horn button is still in tact so i don't wanna take the rubber off, but a standard snap-on style t-bar or 3 way puller should work. Where are you in So Cal? Nice lookin' truck!

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nut size: 1 1/4".
Apply WD40, unscrew nut just a few turns, DO NOT REMOVE, stand firm, rock st.wheel left/right while strongly pulling towards you. Gently hitting the nut with hammer and piece of brass also helps. Be patient, it will come loose!

Gerhard

mhb285

Well, I got the old one off. That was fun. I tryed to use a regular wheel puller. It tore the shit out of the plastic around the base. So, I took a hammer ans screw driver and chiseled the rest away and then placed the puller on it. Bingo!
I got a new horn wiring kit from Saturn. I finnish it off today.

Thanks for everybodys imput!
Mike