• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stencils for M1101 trailer?

mgFray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm trying to match original stencils on my M1101 trailer. Looking at numerous GovPlanet auctions, I've failed to find a font that seems to match the Stencils.

i.e.

1692023198814.png

Does anyone know the Size of the above stencils and a possible font for them or somewhere I can buy them precut for painting?

and

1692023215615.png

To my eye this looks like the same font, just much smaller. Again any pointers on size and where I could get it?

I'm also going to be looking for the Unit stencils for both the trailer and the HMMWV. I'm a bit confused as to the size for the markings. Are they 1 1/2" tall letters, or 2" tall? Again any recommendations for a font or somewhere I can get them would be appreciated.

Final question, does anyone know if the M1101 ever had the CONUS Army Stars on them? If so where would they have been placed? I assume middle of tailgate (like the HMMWV), but is there anywhere else? Or did this trailer come out late enough they didn't bother to put the stars on it?

Thanks!

mgFray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ended up using "duro Stencil-It" 1" for the TIEDOWN/SLING and 2" for the Unit and Vehicle markings. Looks pretty good, not perfect, but good enough. :)

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

The unit and vehicle number are based on a close friends unit from the mid 90's. She gave me one of the few pictures she had with any sort of an identifiable vehicle number and I cloned it.

The 88 C-R (Fort Snelling Army Reserve unit) 114th Combat Support Hospital was disbanded in the early 2000s.

spankybear

I have an un-issues M1101 that had never been painted. I I can sap some pictures if you like. I am not to sure what the factory fount is. If you know anyone with a cutting machine like a circut make your own stencles and use this fount here.

mgFray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have an un-issues M1101 that had never been painted. I I can sap some pictures if you like. I am not to sure what the factory fount is. If you know anyone with a cutting machine like a circut make your own stencles and use this fount here.

Thanks for the font info. I hadn't seen that one before.

Can you snap a picture of the tongue warning, preferably straight down (as much as you can). I'm trying to figure out exact size and placement.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks