• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stickers

SomeNewGuy

So all of the stickers are pretty old... obviously. Some, however, are also painted over because PO(S) couldn't be bothered to mask them.

Any ideas on where to get new ones? Didn't seem to turn up much in the search.

Looking for pretty much all of them, from the sun visor to the back side of bed to engine bay. Would like to really being it back to life after a fresh paint job.

flyfishtrailer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are a number of people that do stencil kits for the CUCV if you do an internet search. These would have the stencils to cover TP, Diesel fuel only, no starting fluid.....The unit numbers can probably be picked up as well, but different branches may have used different sizes for those

SomeNewGuy

That looks like the inside pf an M1009.....not sure where to get those
It is a 1009, all data plates are intact an I was able to clean the spray paint off with dot4 and brake clean.

These stickers tho, are the most egregious sin. Absolutely lazy...
If I can, I would like to replace. If not... Im not sure if leaving them on in that condition is worth it, would rather take them out and have the whole thing uniform.

flyfishtrailer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would say that if you can get measurements and take good pictures of them, there are plenty of companies that can duplicate them. Just hunt around the web for custom stickers.

Barrman

Those are just regular Chevy stickers for how to change a flat. Those stickers are out there. Or at least they were the last time I looked.

dougco1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What about these? Are they even stock?
That sticker will clean up nicely. With some WD-40 and elbow grease, that overspray will wipe right off. Try it on all the stickers, you'll be amazed. I even used it to clean the stitching groves and vinyl in the original seats. Works great with everything under the hood as well.

SomeNewGuy

That sticker will clean up nicely. With some WD-40 and elbow grease, that overspray will wipe right off. Try it on all the stickers, you'll be amazed. I even used it to clean the stitching groves and vinyl in the original seats. Works great with everything under the hood as well.
Ill give it a shot. Figured id do more harm than good trying to clean them up with how old they are.
Worst case, know where to get new ines if it falls apart

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks