• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Still trying to get my M54A2 together

wdbtchr

I'm getting closer to getting the M54 back together. I bought it as a fire dept return from MO forestry surplus. Besides the power steering pump being shot, which I have since found a replacement, I needed a front axle. All that was left was the springs, and the driveshaft in the back. I found an axle, but I need the spring pads and Ubolts.

The big question is does anyone know of a salvage yard or a 5 ton being parted out in a resonable driving distance of St. Louis, MO. The only place I know of is Memphis and they had nothing at this time. I thought someone might know of a smaller operation I could try.

I'm also going to post a classified ad in that section just in case.

Fingers crossed.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I know of a junkyard north of Atlanta that had a couple 5 tons in the yard, but that's probably too far for you.

PM if you need the info.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A guy like John Winslow (252-883-2509) in NC probably has what you need. He's got plenty of residue multi-fuel 5 tonners.

Knucklehead

Go to a heavy truck spring shop, a larger place should have all you need. Do not use take off u bolta a they are prone to failure due to the stress placed upon them. The spring shop I use bends U bolts to order, it takes them about 5 min. to do a set.

Stan

St.Louis Spring Co. 314 533-2132 makes u-bolts need either an old one or diminsions. Don't know about the pads.

Shanfeld & Silverman Truck & Parts Co. 314 621-0302 Although not military they part out trucks maybe you can find something to work with on the spring pads.

wdbtchr

I'm still trying to find out if the 800 series srping pads and shock mounts for the fron axle will work on an M54A2. Anybody know for sure?

wdbtchr

The upper pad is what the Ubolts go over above the springs, the lower pad and the shock mount are under the spring and the Ubolts clamp them in place around the axle housing. In the 34P, figure 123 they're items 31, 14, and 15.

wdbtchr

I just anted to bring this back to the top and test to see if I can post again, I been having trouble lately. I'm still lookt to find out if the 800 series springs and axles are the same as the M 54.

On another note can you mount the 1400X20 tires on regular 5 ton wheels like the M54 has?

wdbtchr

I just wanted to bring this back to the top and test to see if I can post again, I been having trouble lately. I'm still lookut to find out if the 800 series springs and axles are the same as the M 54.

On another note can you mount the 1400X20 tires on regular 5 ton wheels like the M54 has?

wdbtchr

I just wanted to bring this back to the top and test to see if I can post again, I been having trouble lately. I'm still looking to find out if the 800 series springs and axles are the same as the M 54.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks