• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Strange M101A2 WTF anybody got a clue?

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Strange M101A2 WTF update mystery solved!

I got this M101A2 with 2 others last week from GL at Salina Ks. This one was full of bows, stakes sides, tailgate and rear leg. Finally had the time to empty it today. Got to the bottom and found this, it is plated as a normal cargo only clue is from the bumper # that maybe it was with a signal unit. Any suggestions on what it was used for??

Attachments

Last edited:

SPCWarning

Those straps at the back long enough to reach over Merimite cans? Could've been used to deliver meals from MKT to various posts?
The yellow/red reflective stickers---rear of the convoy?

I'd be glad to drive up to KS and drag it back home and try to figure it out for you:D

Jimmy

doskiez

No clue, but I wouldn't mind having some additional tie down options in my 105a2. Looks like you have a nice collection of spare parts there.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial

Attachments

Last edited:

gunboy1656

When I first got in I went to school for 31L Wire Systems installer (back when the 31 series was commo. The truck I was assigned to drive, was the Antenna support truck, It had the 30M antenna, all the accessories for that plus 7 reels of cable. I went on after a couple years and went 31R. Then finally they changed everything commo over to the 25 series, and I became a 25Q. Did that for 11 years.

Got sent to school in 2007 to become a 25S, but when I got to school they asked if everyone had all these qualification and whoever didn't needed to see the instructors. well I was missing the part of 3 years left on my contract ( only had 9 months remaining ). Sent me to see the recruiter, told him I was not sure I wanted to stay in at that point (knee injuries made PT impossible). so they sent me home. Contract expired at the end of that year.

Very proud of the 15 years I gave to the Army, but it was my time to let someone else to the job.

Firejareen

The Delineator Plates, the red and yellow squares, were only applied to European theater vehicles. Different motor vehicle laws over there. They were to mark the outer edges of military vehicles for civilians to see them more clearly. Vehicles with those spent time over seas.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Firejareen have been trying to find some of those Delineator decals for year with no luck. I am going to swap tail gates so I can keep them.

Varyag

The Delineator Plates, the red and yellow squares, were only applied to European theater vehicles. Different motor vehicle laws over there. They were to mark the outer edges of military vehicles for civilians to see them more clearly. Vehicles with those spent time over seas.
Really? My CUCV has those.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rick Larsen was peddling delineator plates for a spell, still might be. One "could" use that trailer to haul migrant workers with all the seatbelts.