• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

stuck in low range

jzettek

hi its jim again and i know its been quite a while i just wanted to give anyone who might be interested an update about my stuck in low range thread i posted a couple years ago. hard to believe its been that long? well here is the little bit i know, my original problem was that any time i tried to shift my truck into high range it would kill the engine immediately. i tried to run it out in low range and quick shift it into high but no joy. so what i ended up doing was on top of your transmission there is a oil press. plug i pulled out and installed a Gage, you should have 90 psi at idle. my truck the Gage was bouncing all over the place. i tried cleaning the oil press. regulator and that didn't help. so i wound up taking the reduction gear box located on the back side of the transmission apart. you can drop your trans. to do this but you can also do it with the trans. in place. inside there is something called a wavey release spring that if it is broken it will cause the truck to be stuck in low range but mine was in perfect shape. ( buy the way you can remove that spring and the vehicle will operate just fine!) what i ended up doing is while i had the gearbox apart o used high pressure air with a nozzle and just blew out all the passages i could find and generally cleaned all the parts and put it back together. when i started my truck back up my trans. oil press was 90 psi rock solid and when i shifted into high range it went into gear and seams to be fine now. i think that oil press. is a very important part of your trouble shooting steps you should have 90 psi in neutral and 180 in reverse. well i hope this might help someone out there good luck and god bless America.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks