• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Suggestion for MV event calendar

GTO Tiger

As an MV newbie, I would like to see a calendar where SS members can show their MV events, shows, rallys, etc. Many forums and organization websites have that and is is most helpful.

I see there is an "upcoming events" forum, but that is cumbersome to weed through and when folks post "after" comments and photos, the now past event comes to the top of the "upcoming events" forum.

A calendar would be an easy way to check what is going on each month. The "upcoming events" (or maybe it should just be called "events") would still be a great place to post comments and photos about events.

Another suggestion might be to have a map of the US where one can just click on a state and a list of events happening in that state would show up.

Just my 2cents

Whitey

Not a bad idea. I go through Military Vehicles Magazine and enter everything in Outlook myself. I'll go as far west as the Findley Ohio show and as far north as the Redball show.

Coal Cracker

Last year there was a photographer at the redball show, he did a real nice job taking pictures of most of the equipment mine included, wonder if he'd be interested, I don't know his name but his pics are listed on the redball site for 2010.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why is it all cluttered up with birthdays? It used to have MV events??

GTO Tiger

There is a calendar on the right of the main page that you can add events to.
Thanks, I never noticed it before! Actually I never paid much attention to ANYTHING on the RH side since the first thing I see is just advertisements.

OK, let me revise my request then. Can a "Calendar" tab be added to the top "menu bar"? That would make it much more obvious and more in line with what is normally seen on other websites.

Thanks!

Oh yeah, and the birthdays? That kind of thing needs to go. Everybody has one, and your friends already know when your birthday is. Keep the calendar to MV related shows, rallies, events, etc. My 2cents

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh yeah, and the birthdays? That kind of thing needs to go. Everybody has one, and your friends already know when your birthday is. Keep the calendar to MV related shows, rallies, events, etc. My 2cents

If you go to the Calander and at the bottom right change the "Calander Jump" from Default to Event you will be in the Event Calander section.

There was someting in Sept and nothing for Oct of Nov.

One problem with your idea is: Who will keep the calander up to date? As you can see we do have one, be it not very friendly, that has nothing posted.

GTO Tiger

Just so you all know, there is an event calander and a default calender.
WOW! Gimpy, thanks for pointing that out. That is not obvious at all. I see to change to the event calendar, one has to scroll down to the bottom of the calendar page and click on the little pull down menu.

I did that and the event calendar comes up. I looked at June, July, August and October. NO EVENTS AT ALL ARE LISTED FOR THOSE 3 BUSY SUMMER MONTHS!!!

No wonder there are birthdays, etc mixed in with events on the "default calendar". I would venture to guess that most SS members do not know that two calendars exist!

As a newbie, dare I suggest a little more? I opened a couple of "events" on the default calendar only to find a city and state. No detail of the event as to what it is, no specific location, no contact person listed, NOTHING! Why list an event when no one could get there if they wanted! aua

GTO Tiger

If you go to the Calander and at the bottom right change the "Calander Jump" from Default to Event you will be in the Event Calander section.

There was someting in Sept and nothing for Oct of Nov.

One problem with your idea is: Who will keep the calander up to date? As you can see we do have one, be it not very friendly, that has nothing posted.
Warthog, I was typing while your were posting :D

No specific person has to keep the calendar up to date. If you know of an event or are putting on an event, add it to the calendar yourself. There is an "add event" tab above and to the right of the calendar. Simple as that! :D

196thprober

Warthog, I was typing while your were posting :D

No specific person has to keep the calendar up to date. If you know of an event or are putting on an event, add it to the calendar yourself. There is an "add event" tab above and to the right of the calendar. Simple as that! :D

I'm right there with GTO Tiger as far as the need for a user friendly and easily accessed "MV Event Calendar" As in on the top of the page where all the other buttons are. Is this something that would be difficult to accomplish?
I too have seen it VERY prominently displayed on other websites- it's that important.

Moderators? Website guys? Would you please comment?

With all Respect,

Chuck