• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Super singles question

texas-5-ton

Anybody know how much taller the super singles will make an M813 set up? Also, will the singles fit right on to the truck or is there some modifying to go along with it??

Chad

TheBuggyman

Don't know how much higher, but I know that mine is tall! I have the 14.00R-20's on mine with no mods and use it heavily loaded off road with no issues whatsoever. I was going to go to the 16.00R-20 size but you cannot convince me that they wouldn't rub with 25k in the bed off road. I know some fellas have put that size on their trucks with no issues and it looks really good. Suppose it depends on what you use your truck for.

texas-5-ton

Hey Buggy. My concern was fitting it into the building. I think that with the 11X20's , we only have 4 or 5 inches at the stack for clearance. As far as weight, we will have about 10,000 lbs of water on this thing all the time for fighting fire.

Chad

TheBuggyman

Well, the 14.00R-20 tire is listed as 49" tall. I'm sure that is unloaded so I would jack up your truck and measure the tire that is on there, figure the difference and divide by two. This should tell you how much higher the truck would be (close, anyway). If it is too close you could always take a few inches out of the stack. IMHO, it would be worth it!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks