• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

super singles

ssoturbo

i have a completely stock m35a2 and i wanna use it on the beach would the super singles work better and where is the best place to purchase them thanks

whyme

i would think at least for the front axle that a wider tire would be an improvement. the stock dual rear tires already have a fairly large footprint and can be aired down very low, assuming good tread i don't think there is much need for improvement there. the front will want to dig in a bit due to the weight on it. load is a factor here, i had an empty truck and the beach was no issue at all, the dunes seemed to be softer and the front did dig especially on the steep incline.

other factors to consider would be tire rim combo, tube/tubless, as well as bead-locks. if you are just tossing 395's on stock wheels with tubes than i think you'd do very well and you could adjust tire pressure according to conditions.

there are allot of sources but shipping is a killer so really you just need to balance cost with shipping and go from there. at least three popular choices exist for surplussed 395 tires and my personal goal is to get a hold of the mv-t tires as they have a tread pattern more suited to road use than the aggressive variants but if most of your use is off road than maybe something else would be better.

NMDUECESWILD

We run sigles and lower the air pressure to between 12 and 15 pounds, 12 back 15 front. It makes a huge difference in the sand, The truck does not get stuck aired up but it will not pull stuff as hard. It starts wheel hopping and bucking. If you buy hemmit wheels go the extra mile and get bead locks too. We don't have bead locks on our duece yet and if you leave the tires aired down they go flat in a couple days. We also have a 5ton with beadlocks it held at 12 pounds in the shop for months.:beer:

emr

The tire basic rule as posted in many many threads on tires is, Wide i\and big are better in sand and rocks, and narrow and tall are better in mud and snow, there are variables, but this is as true as it gets, good luck... :) singles will do better mainly because the rear tires can follow directly behind the fronts and not fight to make a wider/new path, duels are more stable for loads, singles are better for what u want. these truths have been done time and time again.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks