• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Suppressors

Buck69

I see there is multiple suppressors in my M1008. Curious what their purpose is. Are they strictly there just to reduce possible interference with radios?
Also, am removing all the 24v and diesel electrical components and wiring. There is no alternators and I am keeping the large busses. Everything is in great condition. There is only 60k on the truck. Is there any interest for these items on here? I have gained great info on here with this truck and would like to pay it back for those of you restoring your trucks to all original.
Should add it is an '86.

mikev

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes Buck69 - there's always an interest in CUCV electrical parts here...

Take some photos and list your 24v items in "Pay it Forward" and "Parts for Sale"

If you can remove the 24v wires without cutting them, you be loved "extra"...lol...

Buck69

Yes Buck69 - there's always an interest in CUCV electrical parts here...

Take some photos and list your 24v items in "Pay it Forward" and "Parts for Sale"

If you can remove the 24v wires without cutting them, you be loved "extra"...lol...
Thanks and will do. Am a couple weeks away from having the electrical done. The truck was purchased less the engine and radiator.
Am installing a 5.7 vortec into it and switching the gauge cluster over to the standard one with all the metric gauges so it will be available as well.
Taking lots of notes and well tagging everything that is coming out.

ehuppert

Off topic, but relevant!

Swapping gauge clusters will require moving pins around in the gauge connecter (if changing to cluster with oil pressure etc) Would suggest replacing the plastic connector (Ron Francis PC18, apx $25) as they do get brittle. Mine had a broken clip which was causing intermittent issues. Of course this was after changing everything over, so got to go back in!

Eric

Buck69

Off topic, but relevant!

Swapping gauge clusters will require moving pins around in the gauge connecter (if changing to cluster with oil pressure etc) Would suggest replacing the plastic connector (Ron Francis PC18, apx $25) as they do get brittle. Mine had a broken clip which was causing intermittent issues. Of course this was after changing everything over, so got to go back in!

Eric
Thanks and yes! Didn't realize that until a couple days ago but didn't turn back. Was actually looking for a cluster with the large tach and small fuel but was unable to find one. Anyway, it should be all good to go now. Will be powering it up this weekend for testing,
Was also surprised to find 24V in the CUCV cluster for the Gen 2 light. Out of the 18 cluster pins, only 4 didn't require moving. The plastic connector body is in great shape. The new to me cluster had a choke indicator. Switched that over to a low coolant as the rest of the truck harness is already set up for it. Here's a few pics. Have my fingers crossed.
IMG_7913.JPGIMG_7914.JPGIMG_7915.JPG

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks