• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Suspension Lift on M1010

colomil

Does anyone on here have a lifted M1010? I have a set of HMMWV tires/rims that I want to put on my M1010 but the rear wheelwells do not have much room for a tire of that size.

I have a 4" lift set of front springs and a rear spring hanger swap which would give 4" all the way around. Is this enough? Will this raise the centroid to an unacceptable level?

I am building this truck with the intention of making a decent winter rescue rig out of it. The diesel fired heater in the rear would be nice when driving around in blizzards!

If anyone has lifted an M1010 please send me some details on your experience.

Croatan_Kid

There have been several threads on this, but....

I lifted my M1008, pretty much the same, well...sorta. Anyway, 4 inches of lift up front 3 in the rear and I run 11.00R-16 Michelins that measure right at 38.5 inches. I trimmed the front fenders a little bit and everything works out rather nice. I have pictures if you'd like.

colomil

That is what I was looking for, a lifted M1010! I will post pics of mine when I get it done. I should get the wheel spacers sometime this week and I will stuff the HMMWV tires on it with no lift to see what fits.

m-1010

replied to your pm...which is rare.shamefully,i tend to lurk more than participate.this means i only log on every 2 weeks or so.

cool...another m-1010.and lifted yet.your tires should fit fine with that lift.maybe a little trim here and there at full flex.i can say that crossover steering will help lots for handling.4" lift is about the least lift you can use with crossover.

you'll like having that detroit in back in most conditions.ice will be your problem.the m-1010 is a-lot heavier in back than other cucv's,and the detroit likes having some weight on it.i barely notice it's there.be carefull with the front spring choice...mine are from superlift and are really stiff in front.i'm waiting till i get the new engine in...then i'll decide on a repalcement set.
i recently took mine cross-country over the holidays...put about 11,000 km's or so on the truck.it handled well in crappy winter weather.

Attachments

colomil

RE: m-1010

Uh July looks a little different up where you are!

I am awaiting the wheel spacers like a kid waiting for x-mas... I will try to get the tires on sometime this week and take a few pictures (without the lift). I am pretty sure the tires will not fit the rear due to the body but who knows.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks