• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Swapping 100 amp alternator to 260 amp on a C7

aw113sgte

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looked around a bit but seeing so much different info and a lot of it is for prior than A1R trucks. Best I can tell, I only need the alternator for the upgrade as I have the single belt, supposedly correct alternator bracket?
Plan is to power a mini split and use for both cab and habitat cooling. From the wattage requirements, seems totally doable with the larger alternator, obviously some ducting will be needed.

Lostchain

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looked around a bit but seeing so much different info and a lot of it is for prior than A1R trucks. Best I can tell, I only need the alternator for the upgrade as I have the single belt, supposedly correct alternator bracket?
Plan is to power a mini split and use for both cab and habitat cooling. From the wattage requirements, seems totally doable with the larger alternator, obviously some ducting will be needed.
@GeneralDisorder has done more research than me but my understanding is that if you currently have a 100a alternator, you have to have a new alternator bracket, whether it was serpentine belt or not. Then the next item is if you do not currently have the coil over shocks, you have to change out the passenger side shock mount as the larger diameter alternator interferes.

I am currently collecting the parts to do this on my A1 truck.
IMG_0811.jpegIMG_0810.jpeg

aw113sgte

Steel Soldiers Supporter
@GeneralDisorder has done more research than me but my understanding is that if you currently have a 100a alternator, you have to have a new alternator bracket, whether it was serpentine belt or not. Then the next item is if you do not currently have the coil over shocks, you have to change out the passenger side shock mount as the larger diameter alternator interferes.

I am currently collecting the parts to do this on my A1 truck.
View attachment 913999View attachment 914000
Thanks! I do have the coilovers shocks as I have the C7/A1R so that's one thing taken care of.

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks! I do have the coilovers shocks as I have the C7/A1R so that's one thing taken care of.
You just need the alternator and bracket and longer serpentine belt and it will bolt on - very easy - takes less than an hour typically. I am working on getting a few of the alternator brackets and I do have a tested 2016 model 260a for sale so I might be able to set you up with a swap kit.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks