• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

sweet m1009

CCATLETT1984

wet pictures are cool [thumbzup] makes the most faded CARC look new ;)

I like the stance of it, although i am not a fan of those tires.

I see he did the rear disc conversion as well, one of the best mods ever for those brakes.
I like the HD bumper, but tell him to get a grill guard on that thing, it looks naked without it.

1984CUCV

I am located in Tampa.

I would agree not having the grill guard makes it look a little 'naked'. But my friend is a hard core off roader and has built some really serious equipment and likes the 'clean' look. To each his own. Yeah he did the rear disc conv. and I would agree it makes a huge difference and is really cheap to do. with posi front and rear i have never seen this truck stuck and will climb a stone wall.

aboonski

I have a son over in Lutz living off of Hutchinson. I would love to see this truck in person sometime! Eventually I want to get an M1009 - just have an M1008A1 and a Deuce for the time being. I have a bunch of civilian K5s in the back yard and I am trying to figure out what to keep towards my future M1009. I am also getting ready to ship some parts to another member in Alaska on active duty who has an M1009 that he recently bought. It's nice to know that most of the parts from the civilian Blazers and Jimmy's will interchange with the CUCVs. One of the main reasons I want the 09 is for the gas mileage! Compared to the M1008, you can almost drive twice as far on a gallon of diesel and the fuel tank is bigger too!

Bozor1000

That's a nice looking truck. The Boggers on it are sort of small. I am a 44 man myself and that's what I'm going to have mine shoed with.

Bozor1000

I'll move up to 4:88's when I show it with the 44's. 4:56's are on the pushing it. It can however be done. My truck is not really going to be street driven.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks