• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

T-29/M-29Weasel in Arizona....in need of a better home

nagmashdriver

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I live in the Central Highlands of Arizona and a mere hour away is the coolest, hippest and neatest Ghost Town ever, "Jerome". Within Jerome is an artificial Ghost Town called "The Gold King Mine" and the late founder, Don Robertson, was a vehicle collector and certified gearhead, building and racing motorcycles & hotrods.

I love going there with friends because the new owners, the now very adult children, have done a lot to improve the place.

There are a few military trucks but I don't have photos of them. The one thing I really lament seeing is a relatively intact Weasel sitting and rusting away. When he was alive, I asked Don if he ever planned on restoring or selling the Weasel and he emphatically replied: "NO".

Perhaps the kids might be more amiable?? Lemme know if they are and I'll happily lend a hand loading it onto your flatbed as I hate to see anything vintage & cool rusting away...

Photo is from 2013 and it was still there on my last visit about three years ago.

M-29 Weasel in Jerome Ghost Town March 2013.jpg

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I sold Don a good running Continental 6602 engine, said to go in his Autocar tractor. I wonder if that ever happened, or is it still sitting on it's transport frame?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks