• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

T-34 V-2 engine

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
visiting my local scrap yard i saw on the ground a pair of heads from a Russian model V-2 engine most famously used in the T-34. now what are the chances they would be here in Maryland? they look like they were just reworked MANY years ago perhaps. does anyone have some idea if they have any value? i plan to make a table from them otherwise.

Last edited:

waayfast

My favorite tank.

Yep, one would never guess you'd find a set of heads for that beast in a scrap yard in the US. I would vote you put them away. As rare as these are seems a shame to use them for a table. Someone, somewhere will need them. Just a matter of if you have a place to store them for who knows how long it may be before the need arises.
I just hate to throw stuff like that away--and boy does my place look like it!! LOL!
Jim

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
yeah i want one of those tanks too. the prices have gone crazy in the last 20 years. in europe they are almost free. T-72 for $5000. i plan to get a low display case with glass top and sides and clean them up and store them in it. that way it can be a table as well. now to find a block. these heads had to come from an engine some where in maryland.

waayfast

UH-OH!
Brilliant minds think alike! That seems how I start my projects--start with some small, single part and commence to collecting the rest a piece at a time. LOL!.

Seems like Eastern Block Armor is cheap on the other side of the drink, but I've read a lot of horror stories about people getting shafted and never seeing anything for the money sent or at best, SNAFU's in shipping running the cost up to where all fun plays out long before the iron shows up at the doorstep.

But ,yeah--a T-34 sitting in the driveway next to Mamas truck would be very cool.

Jim

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks