• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

T114 and M114 differences

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'm not that well versed, but perhaps it's an equivalent to the XM designation used on trucks? Would like to know though.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Variants:
T114 - Test versions
M114 - Production version
M114A1 – new commander's weapon station allowing firing of the .50-cal machine gun from inside (manually powered cupola), reinforced trim vane
M114A2 – (1969, initially called M114A1E1) replaced main armament with a Hispano-Suiza HS.820 20 mm gun (designated M139 in U.S. service). Used a hydraulically powered cupola.

Just a test model.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I know from what Gerald told me, there's a difference on the cupolas. Actually now that I think about it, I believe mine is actually a T114.

wgtactical

For the most part, all the cupolas will interchange. Even the turret on a V100 will bolt right on. Noticeable exterior characteristics include the clam shell cupola, flush mounted front engine plate, rigid front/rear fenders, direction of the fire extinguisher pull and subtle differences on the front lifting eye on the early T114/M114s. Although the later machines can be found with earlier cupolas on them, the other differences would still found.

kubotaman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks. When you say clam shell cupola, you would be referring to the single piece hatch correct?

wgtactical

Thanks. When you say clam shell cupola, you would be referring to the single piece hatch correct?
The clam shell is the two piece but the one piece (which looks more like a clam opening up) is referred to as a "top hat" cupola...I have a couple clam shell cupolas and one top hat variant...but it was from a later vehicle.

kubotaman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay that is what I thought. Our T114 has the clam shell, will look for other differences. The top hat was on the M114a1 and is lower profile correct?

wgtactical

Last edited:

kubotaman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So basically there are no major differences between the T114 and the basic M114 if any?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks