• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tail Lamp Bulbs

jahrafa

Hello again. Can someone share knowledge of what size bulbs go in the tail lamps? I believe the three are different sizes. Two smaller than the Brake light? Is that accurate?

Thanks again!

Rafael

MarkM

CODE BROWN...It's all going to sh~t !
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Led bulbs will give longer life and are much brighter. Can't see these trucks at night anyway so a little more visibility is a good thing. You just need leds that are 10v to 30v

Mark

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Led bulbs will give longer life and are much brighter. Can't see these trucks at night anyway so a little more visibility is a good thing. You just need leds that are 10v to 30v

Mark
My friend's uncle recently acquired this M37 and Wrangler TJ. We'll just finish installing the soft top and jeep accessories on the TJ and we'll start working on the M37. We may need new tail lamp bulbs as well.

Just gotta remember that LEDs and these trucks will cause turn signals not work sometimes.
Solid State flasher helps but sometimes even that doesn't work. At least for the moment, when you do any initial testing and then any subsequent PD - having the incandescent bulbs installed might make your life a whole lot easier.

@MarkM 's suggestion for LED rear lighting is actually really good. More light on these little trucks would be a big plus. We just don't want you "chasing your tail" for no good reason... :cool:

MarkM

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Just gotta remember that LEDs and these trucks will cause turn signals not work sometimes.
Solid State flasher helps but sometimes even that doesn't work. At least for the moment, when you do any initial testing and then any subsequent PD - having the incandescent bulbs installed might make your life a whole lot easier.

@MarkM 's suggestion for LED rear lighting is actually really good. More light on these little trucks would be a big plus. We just don't want you "chasing your tail" for no good reason... :cool:
I've had good luck with LEDs and I did find that issue (Hyper-Flashing) on bulbs on my motorcycle. I did not want to go with those inline resistors and luckily I found that you can now find high lumen leds that are plug and play and don't hyper flash. They are s little more money but so worth it.

Mark

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I've had good luck with LEDs and I did find that issue (Hyper-Flashing) on bulbs on my motorcycle. I did not want to go with those inline resistors and luckily I found that you can now find high lumen leds that are plug and play and don't hyper flash. They are s little more money but so worth it.

Mark
Neat!! Maybe by chance do you have a part number?
That might be something really worthwhile to go into a Parts spreadsheet.

MarkM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Below is what I used to replace an 1157 bulb. Unbelievably bright and no hyper flash. Different suitable leds for most types are available on flebay. I converted all the incandescent bulbs on my M998 to leds. As stated you need the 10v to 30v units and search for the highest lumens.

Mark

s-l400 - 2023-04-05T155045.030.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks