• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tail light connector help - how many "fingers" ?

AJMBLAZER

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/modules/PNphpBB2/files/dscn1098_702.jpg

So I was about to replace the driver's side tail light connector which I have thought was missing one of it's four teeth as seen in the above picture.
However I've discovered that the two replacement parts a guy on CK5 gave me all have the same three fingers with the same one missing...coincidence?

Can any of you guys tell me how many "fingers" your tail light connector plugs have on the passenger and driver's side?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: connector

Is something not working? Is that why you decided to change the plugs?

AJMBLAZER

I put a civy flat 4 trailer light adapter in last fall. One of those plug and play deals...

...only problem was the trailer was missing some of the functions when connected to Big Ugly. Hook it up the the wife's XL7 and it worked just fine. Truck never had any issues with the trailer connected or unconnected. Got thinking it was the harness after I posted that pic and folks suggested one of the fingers was missing...however I think we were wrong as all three of the extra plugs a friend sent me, and it seems all of yours, have the same configuration as mine.

About ready to hook it all back up, toss the civilian connector in the trash, and start saving up for ODIRON's military-civilian adapter thingy.

papercu

connector

On mine each one of those connector are only fof one taillight. You'll need to find where the two sides connect together and put your civilian adapter there, for everything to work, Wayne

AJMBLAZER

Hmmmm...I know this is where you'd put it on a similar civilian Chevy/GMC truck and their harnesses aren't much different...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks