• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tailgate Part Issue

lacroix9

I have a 1985 M-1009 CUCV and am rebuilding the tailgate. I have a broken part I can't find. It's the bent metal rod that connects to the bottom of the latch and has a part when the window is fully down it lets you open the tailgate . It has a white plastic piece that looks like they put it on the rod before they bend it. That piece is broken. Anyone know where to get on. Carparts.com and LMC Truck don't have them.

Attachments

cucvrus

Today I was outside working and decided to go in out of the snow and wind for a while. I rebuilt a pair of M1009 rear window guide tracks. DSCF8432.JPG DSCF8433.JPGThe main reason they fail is that is the sash guide ends get rusty and dig and gouge the felt from the window tracks. DSCF8436.JPG These are new sash, but a person can easily polish an old rusty sash ends back into pristine condition with a scotch bright pad and a sander. This makes the rear window glide up and down with ease. Take Care and Good Luck with your project. I have all your parts ready to ship. I will get pictures and post them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks