• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tailgate question

Greensteel37

Hi Everyone,

Anyone got a good idea what a used tailgate would go for? I'm talking minor dents and surface rust only. The repros are $400..

How much do the tailgates weigh??

:)

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have seen rusty ones as cheap as $50, good used ones as expensive as the repro new ones. Tailgates are where you find them, so just keep an eye out for a deal if you can be patient. If you need it NOW, sorry to say but you're probably going to have to get the repros.

CGarbee

The last four good, straight, takeoff tailgates that I had sold for $400 each. The last three that I had that were pretty badly mangled (would take more work to make straight than I would like to invest) went for $150-200 each.

If you can't make a deal on one close to hand, I'd go with a repro. I don't know about the others, but I can say that Sheldon at JeePanels Plus makes a nice unit and delivery is free to a show that he is attending... He was charging $400 for his last time I checked...

I'd have to put one a scale to find out the weight. It's been too long since I shipped one. I can say that you can ship them "naked" by UPS and save $$ over putting them in a box (and they arrive in better shape, actually). Just slap a label on it and hand it to the driver. It's easier for them to handle without the box since they can grip it better, and they can see what it is... And you don't have to pay for the box and padding...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks