• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tapatalk issues

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Seems that Tapatalk has decided to recode their application yet again. This time tossing out some strange queries. I've removed a lot of blocked IP addresses, but it appears this has been going on for nearly a week now. If you're not able to get in via tapatalk, please PM me your IP address.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Who needs TT, well in certain events it is VERY IMPORTANT but as far as connecting to a INTERNET based site, na not even on the EMG. list, may be nice to have but a definitely NOT NEEDED.

M35A2usmc

Seems that Tapatalk has decided to recode their application yet again. This time tossing out some strange queries. I've removed a lot of blocked IP addresses, but it appears this has been going on for nearly a week now. If you're not able to get in via tapatalk, please PM me your IP address.
Thanks was wondering what was up.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Who needs TT, well in certain events it is VERY IMPORTANT but as far as connecting to a INTERNET based site, na not even on the EMG. list, may be nice to have but a definitely NOT NEEDED.
While I'd love to ditch the flaky program that is tapatalk, that's not an option.

TMNT

Ron, I access the SS site and other forums almost constantly from my iPhone. I'm on the go most of the time so Tapatalk is necessary for that purpose. For me, Tapatalk or something else that serves that purpose is very much needed.

I have experienced the problem a few times over the past week and Drew has fixed it more than once. I don't know what Tapatalk did to it's code or why, but I do know that it's causing me some trouble. Fortunately, it is working ok at the moment.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just got an iphone (yesterday) and it keeps asking me to download the TT app. I have been accessing SS in the usual web manner. Do I want to use TT?

M35A2usmc

I just got an iphone (yesterday) and it keeps asking me to download the TT app. I have been accessing SS in the usual web manner. Do I want to use TT?
I use this app often for this site it's pretty good. The only bad thing in this app to me is that you can't vote on polls.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
You'll like it. Makes the site a lot easier to view on a mobile device. And if you don't like it, you can always go back and access it full-scale.

TMNT

The problem with Tapatalk for me is that when it starts misbehaving while I'm connected to my home WiFi, it causes the SS site security to block my IP address, but it blocks my router, not my iPhone. Then none of my devices at home can get through to SS because the router is being blocked, even the regular site is not accessible.

If I switch my phone over to LTE, it will work for a bit, but then it happens again and then the cell site gets blocked. If I get away from home and my phone gets handed off to a different cell site, it starts working again.

It's been a very weird problem.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks