• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WI Temperature Coolant Gauge MEP-802A MEP-803A 804A MEP-804B MEP-805A MEP 24 volt

GIJoeCzar

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is an inexpensive alternative for a coolant temperature gauge for tactical quiet series of generators (GENERATOR, 5KW, 10KW, 15KW, 30KW, 60KW TQG, TACTICAL QUIET FAMILY) which include the MEP-802A, MEP-803A, MEP-804A, MEP-804B, MEP-805A, MEP-806A, and many others. The gauge in this listing is a Beede # 947886, it is physically the same size and look of the OEM gauge, it’s 24 volts, and is a drop in replacement for the OEM gauge. The face plate of the Beede # 947886 gauge is slightly different from the OEM gauge and the grounding screw on the OEM gauge is longer than the grounding screw on this replacement gauge.

You will need to re-use your nuts and gauge retaining bracket. There are a few comparison photos (OEM to aftermarket); the gauge you'll get is the gauge with all for studs on the back of the gauge that are the same height.

I have used this gauge on a number of my generators and it works just fine. This replacement gauge will show that you’re running at about 200 degrees, which is slightly higher than the normal operating temp of 180 degrees, but the needle on both gauges is pointed in the exact same location on the face plate when running at operating temperature, which leads me to believe that the internal mechanism is either identical or nearly identical (just the face plate on the old and new gauge is different).

The coolant temperature gauge is a common failure point for the TQG family of generators; here’s my story. I was running my MEP-804B, which had less than 75 hours on it since new, in temperatures averaging between -20 degrees and 5 degrees Fahrenheit. The generator would start fine, and run fine, but during the night it would shut off and show an overheat failure light in the morning. I checked everything in the entire cooling system and could not find anything wrong. Finally, I installed a new Beede 947886 temperature gauge and the generator performed flawlessly for the rest of the winter (about 600 hours). What this means for the lay person is that the coolant gauge is an integral part of the computer system, meaning you can’t simply install a mechanical gauge to fix the problem – you must install a working coolant temperature gauge similar or identical to the OEM gauge, so that the gauge sends the computer the correct signal and continues to run.

I recommend keeping at least one extra of these gauges per Tactical Quiet Generator that you own as this is a common failure point in this system.

$60 each includes USPS Priority mail shipping with tracking to the Lower 48.

The only accepted forms of payment are cash, PP F&F, Zelle, wire, or any form of money order or check (but will wait 10 business days to clear before I can ship).

62.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg8.jpg9.jpg10.jpg11.jpg22.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks