• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Temple At War New Event

dmetalmiki

Well the weather forecast had been grim for days, (and was, rainy windy cold). However it was also forecast to be clear dry sunny and warm for two days only, late Friday afternoon until midnight Sunday. So we planed to go to our second event of the year, also a brand new event from Friday evening until Sunday evening. We were all loaded and ready to move out in our convoy of six vehicles by 4pm Friday afternoon in great weather. The trip was excellent despite the lead vehicle (a classic ford car) taking a route quite suitable for a classic car! but also totally unsuitable for our trucks..especially my huge lump!. (M54A2 Camper). However the journey was completed safely despite scaring the life out of (some of) the oncoming traffic, And looks askance from pedestrians and motorists in the various villages we passed through. However a honk on one of the 6 sets sets of horns and the odd siren together with a wave went down very well. We arrived at the site of the old temple barns, and were amazed at the turnout and varied vehicle already in attendance. Having settled in set up camp (and WW11 Music) with a film show also, we settled in to a really good evenings company,Very much helped along by some (in my case black tins !) of "something with Russian writing on them" ( funny they were marked 7.5%) I cant think what that related to.....! Anyway two excellent days of re-enactments, displays and markets were enjoyed by all. So the obligatory pictures I will now attempt to post up..bear (not the huge black ones!) with me.

Attachments

dmetalmiki

Some will have noticed the Air Mast was not extended for the huge flag to fly, Our young (monkey) helpers were absent that event, and climbing tackle! was not an option for us...older guys.

Blackbear

After the shock I'm sorry I had a fairly long laugh, he sounded. Just like my friend in loughborough pardon my spelling, that we golf with every other year, ex Olympic high jumper in commonwealth games, this years trip is to Ireland I'm afraid, any body near loughborough?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks