• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tempurature Gauge

cten

How long should it take for an M35 to come up to running temp in 0-20 degree weather?

The gauge does not seem to be responding. All other gauges seem fine.

What might be the best way to pinpoint this issue?

Thanks everyone.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Honestly, if you dont have a blanket on the front, it probably won't make it to operating temperature at the temp outside.

cten

I'm concerned, because I do not want to seize the engine or cause any damage.

It has only been 25 degrees at most since the truck has been home.

Running for 20 minutes at a time.

Regards,

Longhunter7

cten!

Kenny is right, as he very often is! Up here in the snow belt it is very important to have a radiator cover!

Diesel engines like to be warm! If you run them too cold, it can cause all kinds of problems!

At the very least, they will smoke more! Your temp. gauge is probably ok, it won't show any increase because without a radiator cover, it never warms up! :devil:

There is a boneyard for Deuces in Dodge City, Kansas, that lists all kinds of Deuce parts, and does list the covers!

Get one, and you will be happier!

Winter Front, New, $75.00

Army Surplus of Dodge City
3121 Fort Dodge Road
Dodge City, Kansas
620-227-7441

cten

Is this similar to putting a piece of cardboard over the front of the radiator?

Can I make something out of an old blanket to do the same thing?

Does anyone have a picture of one?

Regards,

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks