• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tent Repair Kit

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey all,

I am still in the process of getting a time and date set up with Captain to pick up my command post tent I won in FL last month, but while I'm working on getting that squared away I was wondering about tent repair kits.

I know they exist!

I have seen ones with needle and thread which I assume are for the canvas tents.

What I want to know is, did the military or does the military have a repair kit specifically for the rubber/vinyl tents? According to others who have bought these tents, they are new in the crate still, which is good news, but I like to be prepared. In the event of a puncture in the field I would love to have the repair kit stashed somewhere close by if needed.

So does anybody have an NSN for the vinyl repair kits if they exist, or does anybody have one they are willing to part with????????

papercu

You didn't say which tent but I bought some that had a small kit sewn into the bottom edge.
They do have a larger size but the ones I've seen sell on G/L went for a good chunk.
You can just use some vinyl pieces and a good waterproof glue for patches. Wayne

Speddmon

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You didn't say which tent but I bought some that had a small kit sewn into the bottom edge.
They do have a larger size but the ones I've seen sell on G/L went for a good chunk.
You can just use some vinyl pieces and a good waterproof glue for patches. Wayne
speddmon said:
to pick up my command post tent I won in FL last month
I figured you could use some vinyl and cement, but I was hoping to get the actual repair kit...as long as they are not too pricey, I'm a cheap a$$.

Thanks for the tips though

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Plan on spending over a hundred for a reasonably complete one. I have one somewhere, probably in the storage van at the FL rally site.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
A whole butt load of the sold a few months ago from OKC.
They were the canvas repair kits...not vinyl.
They were sold in lots of 3-5.....didnt check to see who was the winning bidder.....looked like the same person was bidding on all of them (all items bid the same).
I would think that one of the major players got them.
If so they prob won't be cheap.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Best I remember..new tents come with a repair kit. But I don't remember so well so don't count on that.
Betcha is it's new in the crate it has one though;-)

Speddmon

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
papabear,

I sure hope you're right, like I said, I don't need it but it sure would be good to have it in case of an accident.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The command tent we put up at the GA rally did not come with a repair kit, and the tent was NOS.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks