• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Texas Fuel Blenders License

doskiez

I have searched for this state specific info but have not found it.

I have recently been playing with the idea of running waste motor oil in my pickup (Ford Diesel). A friend of mine owns a diesel performance shop and has a dozen or so ford diesels of various vintages and runs them all on WMO. Up until now he has been running under the radar and luckily got out of a ticket when he got dipped by a DOT officer.

I have been researching getting a blenders license so we can pay the 20 cent per gallon tax and run all the WMO we want.

So far I have found the license application and it requires a surity bond of at least 30K for the license. I have seen prices from 300-600 for this bond.

Does anyone have experience with this particular license in Texas? If so where did you get your bond from, what kind of rates have you found? How did the overall process work?

Thanks for the input!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks