• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Text Tree - someone smarter than me.

Darwin T

my church has an email and phone tree and someone brought up a text tree for the people who can't get online that often. the purpose is to sent group texts out in time of need. they said they only need cell phone numbers that get text messages and don't need your names.

now here is what i am thinking if one of our brothers or sisters here were just traveling or on a recovery and something gave out on their MV, then they could send a text with their location (city and state), vehicle (M35a2, M1009, what ever), and suspected problem to the text tree. if you are in the area and have tools, parts or can give them information on a safe place to crash for the night you could just reply back and tell them you are on the way. :driver:

using common sence don't rush out to some place way out in the woods alone, but you can call a wrecher or a LEO if they are in a real bind (a local might know who to call better than someone who did not plan to stop in that town). 2cents

now if you are drinking and driving and stick your M35 into a mud hole out on a pipeline right-of-way and don't want a LEO making you stand on one foot, ditch the firewater and wait until you are ok then text. :beer:

does anyone have the knowledge to put this in motion or is there even any interest in it? :?:

Last edited: