• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Thanks for the ad

Druff

Just got a 1986 cucv, searching the interwebs brought me here so i figured why not join. No idea if the truck runs since they drained all the fluids for transport. But nothing major is missing so were hoping for the best. When it warms up.

Pretty excited for the old girl, shes actually one of the nicer square bodies ive bought.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Just got a 1986 cucv, searching the interwebs brought me here so i figured why not join. No idea if the truck runs since they drained all the fluids for transport. But nothing major is missing so were hoping for the best. When it warms up.

Pretty excited for the old girl, shes actually one of the nicer square bodies ive bought.

Welcome to the site! Happy to have you as a part of the group. Congratulations on your new truck too. That utility body looks amazingly good!

Here in North Carolina it has been hanging around freezing for the last four days. Steadily raining, but I guess we have to be happy that it isn't snow!
Be sure to snap a few more pictures and maybe even create yourself a thread for it. That way you can put your progress in pictures.

Tim

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats. That's a Ft. Hood contractor truck. Check all fluids and toss in some batteries to see if she'll fire up. I had one too with that Knapheide body from the same yard years ago.

Druff

Welcome to the site! Happy to have you as a part of the group. Congratulations on your new truck too. That utility body looks amazingly good!

Here in North Carolina it has been hanging around freezing for the last four days. Steadily raining, but I guess we have to be happy that it isn't snow!
Be sure to snap a few more pictures and maybe even create yourself a thread for it. That way you can put your progress in pictures.

Tim
Its a sweltering -1 here today accompanied with blowing snow i dont think my 12 valve would wanna fire up today let alone trying to get a 6.2 to come to life after its been sitting for who knows how long

Druff

Wanted to let everyone know, she lives! Had to prime the oil pump with a drill. And shes airlocking the injection pump. From what ive read the box fuel filter can cause problems like that. And im gonna check over all the rubber lines making sure the lift pump cant suck air instead of diesel

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks