• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Thanks to all who donate

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
All,

Got a letter from the Gene Vance Foundation for Wounded Warriors yesterday. They have informed me of their appreciation of the members here who have donated via the VIN INFO threads over the past year. They didn't go into details on the amount. There was some other stuff in the letter concerning response to a previous correspondence which includes personal emotions and info so I'm going to refrain from posting it.

One other thing I'm planning to do soon, my mother did up two quilts for the foundation which I plan on auctioning off on ebay and doing a direct donation to the foundation. I have to check ebay to see if/what percentage of a cut they take on donation items. When I execute this, want to put out the info on here and have everyone spead the work to corporate America and private citizens so we can hopefully make it a heck of a boost to the foundation.

Uh and for the record, I have now had 3 contacts directly with the foundation. I don't personally know anyone there, I don't communicate on a routine basis with them, I am not in anyway affiliated with them. I lived in the same town as Gene Vance and that's the only connection. He was one of the first folks killed in Afghanistan in Mar 02 and his was one of the first foundations established. I get no kick back, have no idea how much has been donate through this website...nothing. I don't know nothin', not a thing.

Thanks to all who have given.

CARNAC

Last edited:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
We really respect you for your assistance to the foundation. It says a lot about a person how they spend their personal time and resources.

You've done a great service for this site and it's members with the VIN service. We all thank you.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
carnac there is not a member here who doubt you in any way.. your one of the best troopers i know.. glad to call you a friend.. your always doing whatever it takes to :grd: my deepest thanks for your helping those vets out Tim

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks