• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Thanks to Veterans

Milbikes

I parked my WC56 on the front lawn, like I do every memorial Day. A local reporter stopped to take a few pictures, ask a few questions. Occasionally I hear a car or truck honk their horn as they go by. Hal

Attachments

deuceaid

Banned
unworthy here........ for Years on end , I have passed by a veteran ...... The plaque in the front yard reads (by memory, sorry) WWII Normady Survivor. I still have an uncle that stormed Iwo Jima, got shot and got shot again in korea.. just posting,I never had good enough heath to join or be drafted....

Milbikes

Preserving and remembering the history of those who have served with the greatest sacrifice is a worthy act.

Lifer

In Memorial
In Memorial
....I never had good enough heath to join or be drafted....
That's not a problem here! I did nearly 30 years in the AF, but couldn't pass a factory physical to save my butt! If you got classified 4-F, at least you tried, and nobody can fault you for that!

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Under the draft classification system, I would have been disqualified and rejected. But I enlisted after the Viet Nam Era draft and they accepted my faulty eyes so they could have my "brains"... That's what I got for acing the Aptitude Test and passing the "EUC" for people - The security clearance background check went DEEP into my and my family's history and was crystal clear - - - Uncle Sam LIKED catching me. [thumbzup]

My SALUTE to ALL who served, or at least participated in the process....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks