• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The Dave P OD Love train!

Road speed was normal as long as the road was flat. hills knocked the fire out of her. not that heavy but, its towed weight not hauled weight. makes it work a little harder. 47,000 and some change gross wt. also the pup is taller than the rest and catches a little more wind.

citizensoldier

Going by my speedo we averaged about 45 to 50 MPH.. But not sure how accurate that is? When I saw a hill coming and the black smoke a roaring I hit the hazzards.. I will let Dave answer about the legal issue?? :driver: :roll:
Needs some flashers on the rear though I could not even see the tanker in front of it. Dave did you get any pics? I was to busy driving and shifting.. :jumpin:

M1075

Did you add a pintle to the tanker trailer? I can't imagine one being there stock. Now you just need a big SOB towbar to hook something else on the train! :)

citizensoldier

My M105 landed at Daves house about a week ago and he would have pulled it to the show also if the van trailer had a pintle! Crazy dude! Anyway Dave designed the hitch and his friend built it for him. He then put the finishing touches on it at his place. I think it came out real nice..

67Beast

Looks great! I'm sure you guys drew quite the looks rolling down the road. what show did you guys go to? The AuSable Rally? How was the turn out? All you northern guys need to convoy down for this show in september. http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=124809 You guys would make quite the sight rollin in here. Plus if you guys wanted some place to camp out, I have 20 acres about 1.5 miles from the show site.

citizensoldier

A bunch of us really wanted to go to your show last year. If I remember right it conflicted with a MMMT show.. I will see what I can do about us convoying down.. The pics from last year looked like a good time..
That 20 acre camp site also sounds good..

No.2Diesel

May I ask what specific OD green the tractor and tanker is painted?

I'm trying to pick a color(s) for my brother's M819 and we really wanna do a correct three color woodland camo job BUT...the 383 green seems very bright.

Hypothetical question: What would happen if you substituted the correct 383green for an incorrect OD or a darker shade of green? Has anyone done this and would it look good?

citizensoldier

67Beast said:
Looks great! I'm sure you guys drew quite the looks rolling down the road. what show did you guys go to? The AuSable Rally? How was the turn out? All you northern guys need to convoy down for this show in september. http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=124809 You guys would make quite the sight rollin in here. Plus if you guys wanted some place to camp out, I have 20 acres about 1.5 miles from the show site.
This was the AuSable Rally.. The turnout was very poor compared to last year.. I had to leave Sat afternoon and at that time there was maybe 1/10th the people of last year.. You can tell Michigan is having a one state recession and people are not traveling much... Its a shame because it was to raise money for the N/G family relief fund.
There was a air show in Gaylord at the the same time so that hurt a little too I am sure.. Not real good times here right now.. :( :( :( :? :? :cry:
I have to pick my shows wisely..
This brings up some questions I have about your show. Can we bring parts to sell? Or is it just a judging type car show? Is the GLMVPA involved ? What do you think about a MMMT display and sales tent? I am asking because your show was not mentioned at either organization to my knowledge.. But it was your first one last year..

67Beast

citizensoldier said:
This brings up some questions I have about your show. Can we bring parts to sell? Or is it just a judging type car show? Is the GLMVPA involved ? What do you think about a MMMT display and sales tent? I am asking because your show was not mentioned at either organization to my knowledge.. But it was your first one last year..
Yes, you can bring parts to sell if you would like. Last year we advertised it as a Show and swap meet and only one guy brought anything to sell, so we left the swap meet part off the descriptions this year because we figured nobody wanted to bring stuff. As for the MMMT yes most definately they can bring thier stuff and sell out of thier tent. This event will be the only event this year for the Delta Company of GLMVPA. It's been listed on the GLMVPA events page for awhile now, and I just had it sent into MVM magizine.

citizensoldier

Ok, thanks.. I did check the GLMVPA site and saw it on the events page.. I will pass the MMMT info on to the board and see what they decide to do.
I Checked all the dates and it should not be a problem. It is just before our fall trail ride but if my stuff is up and running I am going to try and make it.
I remember now for me last year.. I was scrambling trying to find a trans for my M109 that weekend so I could make the trail ride..
I will also try and get it put in the MMMT newsletter so non GLMVPA members will know about it.
Was it in MV mag last year? That should bring some guys up from other states.. Sound like it is growing fast!!

No.2Diesel said:
May I ask what specific OD green the tractor and tanker is painted?

I'm trying to pick a color(s) for my brother's M819 and we really wanna do a correct three color woodland camo job BUT...the 383 green seems very bright.

Hypothetical question: What would happen if you substituted the correct 383green for an incorrect OD or a darker shade of green? Has anyone done this and would it look good?
this color is my own home brew. but if you are serious about this i could send you a chip and you can have it matched.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks