• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The Goat went for its first swim

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That little puddle is 17 feet deep? Wow, must drop off pretty quick.

That's awesome pics there, John! You got her restored and fully operational in record time!

jimk

In Memorial
In Memorial
Great pic! I see you had medical support ready. My neighbor Dave P. just swapped a M1009(?)for a Goat. He drove it over the other day and let me try it. What a trip. Have you seem the cheesy army instructional video (with the unhappy ending)? JimK

Jones

Life vests would be a nice addition. We found that we could drive them right under the surface of the water if we entered at too steep an angle. AND, once submerged, they're extreme miserable to try and tow back out.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do they have a propulsion system...a prop, or does it rely on the tires for movement?

Austringer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Glad to see other people are not too scared to swim their toys (besides the GPAs and DUKWs). When the old T114 is finished up, it's going to take a quick bath in Long Pond (400 acre lake, max depth is 24ft, 6 miles of shoreline) mostly spring fed) Going to scare the hell out of the boaters at the boat ramp. It's a private lake so no boat reg needed!!

Jason.

jfnemt1ff1

Thanks All I cant wait to get down to the local lake and drive in off the boat launch. Should be good for a few looks. And thanks Bjorn for that pm stuff I print it off and put it in a folder.
John

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How fast does it go in water, John? Does it move along at a couple mph, or does it just seem to sit there, and churn a lot and get there eventually, like a dog swimming?

Austringer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It would depend on how fast John can paddle and how big his paddles are. I think I read about 1-3 mph. The M114s swim a little faster but then again, they use tracks for propulsion.

J.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks