• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The joys of owning a deuce....

bomar76

BajaPower (my son) and I went to a birthday party near Dayton today, and a friends dad was there... a Viet Nam vet.
Mike knew we had a deuce but hadn't mentioned anything about it to his dad (we didn't drive it over....wish we had).

Once he found out we had a deuce the M35 stories started flowing....some good times, some not so good, of a time 30+ years ago...it was great to see the sparkle in his eyes when he reminisced.

mcinfantry

my uncle was in the marines in vietnam. he hid under a deuce during a firefight and all 10 tires were shot out. he said he would S%^& everytime one would let loose and the truck dropped closer and closer to the ground on top of him

Wyattearp

My dad's middle brother was in the service and was in motor pool, as far as i know only say the vehicles from inside and out, no action.. My dad's second oldest brother, served 2 tours in Nam, first time drafted, second time was re-enlistment on his part, He loved those trucks, needless to say he was a true Grunt, didn't care what happened when the shit hit the fan, he was the guy standing with bullets all around, him LOL.. These guys i commend them, but way to many did not come back that should have. I hope to give uncle a ride in the M35 when she is done..

JohnnyReb

Great to go roaring thru town; Some of the guys (most of them in their 50's and 60's) will turn or walk to the curb to watch you pass.....that distinctive deuce sound is hard to forget.......especially if it was coming or going to pick you up for a ride in the back! I had to buy one before I could get to ride upfront!

rdixiemiller

I drive mine at least once a week back and forth to work. I usually stop at the grocery store on the way home. I have had a couple of USMC and Army vets ask to crawl in the cab.
Bringer Back Of Memories!

67Beast

Yep, I have even caught a few stand at attention salutes from older vets as I pass them. It makes you feel good that they still have a love of these big boys. either that or they are thinking thank god my back isn't riding around in one of those things anymore. :roll:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks