• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The Mack Daddy of M101A2 trailer jacks!

stereoman405

I got sick of lifting my old M101A by hand, so when I picked up my newer M101A2 with the surge setup a couple weeks ago I knew something had to be done. I had purchased a 'weekend special' $29 jack for my old trailer that would barely lift it high enough and always slid around on the frame like a wet noodle. Well for the new one I did it right.

Big Wheel Jack 1500 lbs. - Seasense 50080535 - iboats.com

This thing is AWESOME. Very heavy duty, black instead of galvanized, heavy duty rubber grip, nice crank ratio, extra high lift (27") to fit on my lifted Land Cruiser, and best of all the mounting hardware fits the frame perfectly and doesn't slide around.

Very happy with it. I'll try to get some real life pics up soon. Just wanted to pass the info along since I spent over 2 hours trying to find a swivel jack that would go over 24".

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Would that be, the, ahem, Jack Daddy?

Sorry, ghetto lingo isn't used well here.

Neat addition - I also though adding a powered assist to the dump bed would be neat, especially if you're hauling firewood or gravel and have a hard time lifting the bed up yourself.

stereoman405

Would that be, the, ahem, Jack Daddy?

Sorry, ghetto lingo isn't used well here.

Neat addition - I also though adding a powered assist to the dump bed would be neat, especially if you're hauling firewood or gravel and have a hard time lifting the bed up yourself.

Haha, nice.

Ya I'm curious how well these thing tilt once there is a load in it. I just spent 3 hours last night enlarging the holes in the brackets so that I could get my hitch pins in and out easier.

PS - Nice AV. I miss that show.

WIH3

Bull Dog also makes one. The only one I could find in my area at the time. Only weld on though. The high lift are very few. My Bull Dog I belive is 5k.

RJM27

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I installed a Fulton high lift jack that has 2-wheels, works fine, makes it easier to roll around as well. Although your's is less money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kstrekker

I got sick of lifting my old M101A by hand, so when I picked up my newer M101A2 with the surge setup a couple weeks ago I knew something had to be done. I had purchased a 'weekend special' $29 jack for my old trailer that would barely lift it high enough and always slid around on the frame like a wet noodle. Well for the new one I did it right.

Big Wheel Jack 1500 lbs. - Seasense 50080535 - iboats.com

This thing is AWESOME. Very heavy duty, black instead of galvanized, heavy duty rubber grip, nice crank ratio, extra high lift (27") to fit on my lifted Land Cruiser, and best of all the mounting hardware fits the frame perfectly and doesn't slide around.

Very happy with it. I'll try to get some real life pics up soon. Just wanted to pass the info along since I spent over 2 hours trying to find a swivel jack that would go over 24".
Thanks! I've been looking for a good swivel jack that I don't have weld on. Would you mind posting up a picture with the swivel jack?

Last edited:

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If anyone wants one, contact CUCVFAN who has the correct military crank up landing leg that allows you to upgrade your M101 or M101A2 to M101A3 standards as far as the landing leg is concerned. It does not have a wheel on it. I bought one and it works perfectly. Man, does it make a difference with a loaded trailer! I am shocked that they did not come as standard equipment until the M101A3s came into service. Empty, the trailers are easily lifted. Not so when they are fully loaded and you are by yourself trying to hook up to a truck.

Scarecrow1

Bruce do you remember the cost of this unit ?....Thanks for the info I have M101a1 awaiting EUC's release.......Also let me add nopics.......Couldn't help myself ....

Iron Bender

I apologize in advance if resurrecting an old thread is a violation of forum etiquette, but this thread came up in the results of my search for an appropriate wheeled tongue jack for my M101A2. And being as no pictures appear to have been posted, I thought I would share my recent addition:

Seasense 50017571 trailer jack, $65 shipped to my house from First Choice Marine:

Attachments

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Iron Bender since you have one now, please post some answers and pictures from previous questions. I purchased a Fulton to do the same thing but this looks interesting.

PS You can resurrect old threads! Helps remind everyone all the good stuff already on this site.

Iron Bender

This thing fits like a glove. The bracketly puts the bolts immediately above and below the tongue frame rail. I purchased shorter bolts than what came in the hardware kit for a cleaner install and used a conduit clamp for the intervehicular cable.

Mounted:

M101A2 14.jpgM101A2 15.jpg

Hitched up to my truck:

M101A2 10.jpg

At full extension:

M101A2 11.jpg

Compared to landing leg:

M101A2 13.jpg

Measurement for reference:

M101A2 12.jpg

This is a very nice addition to have. Makes moving the empty trailer around and hitching/unhitching much easier. Very worthwhile upgrade!

Nick

PB170039.jpgPB170038.jpgPB170037.jpg
Here are a few pics from the auction listing. I don't have any pics of it installed, although installation was simple.

I have that leg on my M101, and Im just wondering what is the rating on it?? Reason I ask is I have the spare tire mounted on the tongue against the front wall, and the jack seems to…how do i explain it, as I jack it up, the extension kinda goes at an angle. Lemme take a pic of it and Ill post it. Im just wondering if the weight rating for it is close cuz of the tire and combat rim on the front….

Thanks
Nick

Last edited:

Nick

Wow, I screwed that post up.

But, see how the extension is kicked at an angle? Is that normal? So what is the weight rating? Am I gonna strip the grease in this leg lifting the trailer and combat rim and tire? Im sure its rated for a full load and Im no where near it with this, but just need to be reassured.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
That doesn't seem right. I have those jacks on all my m101s and none of them do that. I have even had a multifuel motor in a can in one of my m101s and it didn't do that.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks