• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The Manual says 55 mph...

Warren Lovell

So what is the consensus guys?

George likes 70 mph. It seems comfortable to drive 70 mph, but lately I have been driving between 55-60 mph, due to what the manual said.

Warren

Warren Lovell

And I'm having a great time driving her! Goerge...thanks for all your help. I got the radio tray. In the military drawing for installation, it shows a couple spacers that go between the tray you sent me and the radio mount. Do you know where to get these spacers?

The universal kit i bought has a spacer plate the same size as the radio mount, but the holes don't line up with the tray you sent me. I guess I can always drill to fit...what do you think?

Warren

dilvoy

I've never seen any spacers used. Are the spacers that you are talking about used along the window sill? If it sits level now I would not worry about it, since the spacers are probably not a shock absorbing item.

Prerunner1982

except in military convoys i have always driven the CUCVs down the highway doing the speed limit.. I believe the 55 speed limit has more to do with the slowest vehicle.. CUCVs and HMMWVs can go faster than 55, however i know the 5tons have a hard time.. my wrecker would top out at 57...so like i said, i think its more of a max convoys speed so nobody gets left behind....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks