• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The scoop from GL on SF97's

devilman96

Well maybe that is the way to go about doing it... Members in states whom can not get a title without a SF97 BOS their trucks to a member in a state whom can... That member gets a title and then BOS's it back with the title to the owner...

There needs to be a BOS in both directions in order to legally cover both parties. If I were to title a vehicle and send you the title signed and left open I am still the legal owner until it is filed with your state and a new title reissued. If someone were to drive the truck without finishing the transfer and kill someone I would be legally responsible for the vehicle... A "return" BOS would protect everyone.

Elwenil

devilman96 said:
I emailed the Florida DMV in regards no title or SF97 on a goverment purchase, did I need an inspection?, etc. (I like things in writing) The response was...

Thank you for your recent inquiry.

If you have a Government bill of sale, you would submit it to the local county
tax collectors and apply for title in your name.

Florida insurance in your name is required in order to purchase a license plate.

We hope this information will assist you.
Might want to clarify that a bit. From the information I have gotten from GL, I believe the Bill of Sale will be from GL and not the US Government. Might make a difference to some people, might not.

rice

Well, when trucks sell for the prices these did, GL will have no reason to offer SF97'S.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks