• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Thermostat testing

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cooked the T-stat on the range top the other day. Checked for opening and closing. Worked good.
Also noted that the hose connection to the radiator was "like new" on the inside, while the recirculating connection to the waterpump was coated with normal coolant system residue, an indication that the engine during its service life was not used much with the thermostat in the open position.

Attachments

acetomatoco

Most all Multifuels hardly ever get up to operating temperature unless working hard...I have left the winter front on my M543A2 all year round, albeit with the little flaps open in the summer, just to get it up to a good temperature...they are severely overcooled and like to be warmed up every once in a while...

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: Thermostat testing

acetomatoco said:
Most all Multifuels hardly ever get up to operating temperature unless working hard...I have left the winter front on my M543A2 all year round, albeit with the little flaps open in the summer, just to get it up to a good temperature...they are severely overcooled and like to be warmed up every once in a while...
Agreed, I have even made a custom piece that is more or less permanent behind the grill work (several other posts on this) and will do the same for the 8x8.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks