• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Things that fit on an M1101/1102: surplus shelters, etc?

Gung-Ho Civillian

I was wondering if anyone has successfully attached any containers, shelters, radio/comms shelters/medical, mobile TOC etc to a 1101/102 and how it went. Seems that a basic rig like that would serve as an ideal overnight mobile deer camp for a father-son or weekend bunk in the driveway at the mother-in-law’s, away from the 100-degree rooms and the super-loud TV!
Any guidance?

Gung-Ho Civillian

Having the same thoughts. Troop Seats seem interesting for parades … throwing beads for the occasional thrill.
Good idea- I like it! I was thinking about a Phoenix Comms shelter on the 1102- weight won’t be an issue, but there will be some alterations necessary for them to fit together. The Phoenix is wider than the interior of the trailer in the fore end, may fit over the wheel wells and will overhang at the axle (where it should be) for about 2’. I’ll be tackling that conundrum soon as I now have both pieces (the 1102 and the comms shelter ) to sort out.

Gung-Ho Civillian

A bit larger than I expected. … I’ve looked at installing overland racks and wiring radios on one of the sides. Wouldn’t be authentic but would fit under the tarp for travel and roll up for a HAM field day
Sounds nice. I am thinking mobile hunting shelter for fall/winter in the South (KY, TN, AL). Not bitterly cold in early muzzleloader season (Deer), but late season waterfowl and some KY hunts and camps could be quite uncomfortable in the evenings in a tent on the ground. Not to mention inclement weather which is a “rainy season” in the south. Having a warm, dry spot with the ability to make coffee would be the difference between another day in the field, or driving home shivering. It’s big, but based on my calculations, it would only hang over 6” or less on each side. It’s only 5.5’ tall. I need to get both pieces together and do a lot of measuring! Plus learn a lot about how to wire this thing up for shore power and battery power ac/dc and do some research on generators….

Thanks,

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks