• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Things to know purchasing 1951 bantam m416/m100

Dvaniwaarden11

I’m about to buy this trailer for $1500 and want to know any things i should be doing preventative maintenance on, or things to check when looking at the trailer. I plan to use it as an off-road trailer with my Jeep. I figured this is the best place to ask about it because of all the knowledge on this forum. Heres a few pictures of the trailer I’m looking at. Also could anyone tell me if its an m100 or m416?

IMG_5063.pngIMG_5064.pngIMG_5065.png

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I’m about to buy this trailer for $1500 and want to know any things i should be doing preventative maintenance on, or things to check when looking at the trailer. I plan to use it as an off-road trailer with my Jeep. I figured this is the best place to ask about it because of all the knowledge on this forum. Heres a few pictures of the trailer I’m looking at. Also could anyone tell me if its an m100 or m416?

View attachment 918567View attachment 918568View attachment 918569
Remove the wheels, Remove the hubs and grease the bearings.
Beyond that, it is just a matter of deciding what else you want to do.

Maybe lights? Maybe grease on the other swivel points? Maybe check out the hydraulic cylinder up front?

Good luck on your trailer adventure!
Price seems reasonable...

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Its (edit:not) a M100. 416s have angular fenders. Maybe you can find a modern trailer axle that matches your Jeep’s lug pattern so you don’t need a second spare tire.
Edit: see below post, it’s a WW2 era MB-T.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks