• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

This Forum format SUCKS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

csheath

I think I'm about done with this new forum format. On my PC it nags me to turn off my ad blocker. I get that they want to make money to support the site but I don't agree to let any and everybody they choose to popup ads and track me so I leave it on.

On my android phone it won't let me read a thread. It wants me to install tapatalk and I refuse to add and app just to visit here once and a while. I've tried to select the option to view with the Chrome browser but it won't have it.

Just venting in this section because this is the only section I visit.

See Yall!

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good luck. I dont know if the supporter tag allows less ads or what, but Ive got both Ad Block Plus and the inherent adblocker in my browser (Opera) and it hums along. If you get bored, you know where to find us.

Chainbreaker

I see what you mean when using a mobile phone. I logged in ok using a chrome based browser on my iPhone (MS Edge aka “CrEdge”) and it wanted me to use either TapaTalk or Safari when I tried to reply. Since Safari is installed by default on my phone I am using that to post this reply. So, it can facilitate using other browsers that are “supported”.

Not sure why such a widely used browser such as Chrome on mobile is not supported, it is on my PC, both versions via Google & MS CrEdge.

I don’t mind the ads that much, even clicked on a couple, & they can try to track me all they want while I’m logged in. After I close out of my browser all cookies & such are automatically wiped using CCleaner Pro & the trail goes cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks