• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

This one was slated to be cutup for the axles

Status
Not open for further replies.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you planning on using it as a water transport/brush fire truck? I am sure it does great in low range, even with that hulking tank in the back! 1000 gallons give you some endurance for grass fires, 20 mins or so with that inch and a half, depending how much continuous spray you need. That sure is a useful rig.

What are you planning to do for maintenance? I would have a look at the torque rod/dog bone ends (they are old and suffer from twisting under heavy loads off-road), the trunnion (bearing or bushing) and make sure the brakes are good. The centre of gravity is going to be high, so side slopes are a no-no with this rig. The stack does not qualify as ROPS.

Oh, so much fun! :)

Of course we need to know if she starts and runs and drives!

Last edited:

Phil P

Hi

Go to the link in the post and a lot of your questions will be answered.

The tank is centered in the bed and unless they get on one of the dykes there are no steep grades. There is no reason for the truck to operate on the dykes there is no place for the fire to go up there. LOL

We are well into the prescribed burn season and it has been working out well.

As for maintenance I got the brakes working well using the DOT 5 fluid, I changed all the rubber hoses and belts before the unit started to work.

The fire water tank and equipment are built on a frame work that can be unbolted and remove so the truck can be used for feed transport in the summer when it s wet.

It got a few months feed hauling before I put the tank in.

3,500 head of cattle and 11,000 acres of land require a lot of attention

Phil P

Last edited:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi

Go to the link in the post and a lot of your questions will be answered.

The tank is centered in the bed and unless they get on one of the dykes there are no steep grades. There is no reason for the truck to operate on the dykes there is no place for the fire to go up there. LOL

We are well into the prescribed burn season and it has been working out well.

As for maintenance I got the brakes working well using the DOT 5 fluid, I changed all the rubber hoses and belts before the unit started to work.

The fire water tank and equipment are built on a frame work that can be unbolted and remove so the truck can be used for feed transport in the summer when it s wet.

It got a few months feed hauling before I put the tank in.

3,500 head of cattle and 11,000 acres of land require a lot of attention

Phil P
That reads like a for sale ad , so it is hard to tell if that's where you bought it or what.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't see it as something you need to comment on.

Report it, next time.

Way too much bickering going on in the forums.

Shining up my ban-hammer now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks