• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Time for another stupid question - fuel compensator ?

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm going to look at a deuce near Denver (Sedalia) this Sunday. Trango has graciously offered to go with for an extra set of eyes and moral support.

Jeff, the owner, has told me that when it went through rebuild back in 1994, they set it so it was 'diesel ONLY'. I've read here where there is a procedure to set it BACK to allow for multifuel use again.

I HAVE PERUSED 11 pages of threads and can't find the right one. I'm not requesting the correct info on the search to get what I'm looking for.

DOES anyone here know or remember how to put the fuel compensator BACK to multifuel? I'd really appreciate it. It would make the purchase of this deuce much more ... um ... palatable. I just WANT a multifuel.

Lots of worthless reasons, so I will just leave it at that is just what I want on my deuce. Plus I intend to attempt to use either biodiesel and/or WVO at some point. Perhaps for a LONG time. We'll see.

So folks, sing out if you know the answer to this one. jim

Desert Rat

Ken and I are doing the exact same thing for 'Storm this summer. Keep an eye out for updates to this subject as we go through the process W.

DrFoster

oops - I forgot to mention, it is here on the hot-rodding forum. Pretty simple process. I don't know why anyone would convert to full diesel with the certanity of uncertainty about petro chemicals in the near future. Rest assured, I added to my portifolio in the perto stocks, they are making HUGE claims for this year's increase in price... that means we will be paying more at the pump....

Crazyguyla

The reason the military bypassed the fuel compensator was:
1. they were leaking internally and diluting the oil with fuel
2. it's easier to discinnect than replace the whole injection pump

I think there was an article in PS magazine about it, but i'm not sure. It was a mass change over for all dueces, but as usual some have it done, some don't ...

As a NOTE: when you switch it back, make sure your compensator isn't leaking into your oil... for some reason, that just sounds dirty *LOL* rofl :)

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Guess I'm living on the edge, got a hydraulic stop light switch and an FDC that's not bypassed. :)
The engine oil has been analyzed twice and never a sign of fuel in it.

rdixiemiller

When the multifuel engine came into service, the military was running both gasoline and diesel equipment of all kinds. Over the years, gasoline has largely been replaced by diesel fuel in almost everything in the inventory. Since the military now runs almost exclusively on diesel fuel, there was no need for the multifuel capability (IMHO). I would imagine there were always a few deuces deadlined for FDC problems. If the FDC was no longer necessary, and it was easy to bypass, then why not?
Mine is still hooked up, although I am going to valve it off and set up for straight diesel. That will give me a higher fuel rate without having to mess with the injector pump.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks