• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tire Jack?

Dasgog

Hello!

So I was wondering if there were any type of jacks or the like to where I can place it under tire, loosen nuts, jack up truck as well as tire jack and then when wheel/tire is loose I can easily slide the tire out.
After replacing both front seals and nearly killing myself with the 200+ lb oversized tires, I vowed never again, unless.

Any suggestions ?

HDN

If you go the pallet jack route, make sure you get one with wide enough forks to capture the wheel without having to jack up the truck higher than you need to. The one I got for free was too narrow to support a 46" super single without jacking up the truck a couple inches higher than I wanted to. Otherwise a hydraulic dual wheel dolly would also work.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I am looking at something such as this;

The wheel dolly that you have linked is a NICE way to work if you happen to have a concrete floor to work on. Or an asphalt pad in the winter or a thick piece of plywood to roll around on....

The other way besides the pallet jack (about $600 new) is to jack up the side of the truck that needs attention. No higher than absolutely required! Block it up and put it on a jack stand or use wooden "cribbing" to it is steady... Then with about a 4 foot long bar, help the tire off the hub.

You shouldn't be fighting those tires.
They are a lot tougher than you for sure!
Lower to the ground - the easier it is to remove or replace those tires...

WhoMe08721

I got a (NORCO high lift wheel dolly) about 2year ago and I was on the fence about buying it. But it was the best investment. Before that it would take me half of the day just to remove and install all 6 tires with two people and a lot of tools. Now I can remove all the tire, by myself and just a impact gun. The only down side is the price and the real estate it takes up in the shop when not using.

Lift.JPG

NY Tom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you go the pallet jack route, make sure you get one with wide enough forks to capture the wheel without having to jack up the truck higher than you need to. The one I got for free was too narrow to support a 46" super single without jacking up the truck a couple inches higher than I wanted to. Otherwise a hydraulic dual wheel dolly would also work.
Yes good point. The standard ones are OK. I got one from Harbor Freight for a reasonable price.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks