• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tire question about M105 tires and M35A2

snowplow

Howdy, I have a question, I have to move my M35A2C & trailer from KA to NM, plan on replacing all tires, been sitting for 15 yrs. Does the trailer have same size tires as truck?
I live in TX & can not easily check.

snowplow

Presuming your deuce is still on 9.00s and that your trailer is an M105A2 , the answer is yes.

Yes, all still stock.

I have not kept up, how have the conversions from dual to single tires worked out? All the tires on it are at least 20 yr old & I figure I need to replace all prior to move & wonder if the general thought is the switch from duals is still recommended & how the cost work out 4 tires vs 6 + new wheels?

Thanks

montaillou

Steel Soldiers Supporter
wonder if the general thought is the switch from duals is still recommended
As far as I can tell the general thought is to do whatever you want. Though, for what it's worth, the super singles, like the Michelin XZL or XL 15.5", are getting a little long in the tooth - new ones haven't come out of the military in years.

snowplow

If making the dual to single conversion, have folks gone to the 1100X20 & do they fit same wheel or new wheels required also? They sure are spendy!!

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If making the dual to single conversion, have folks gone to the 1100X20 & do they fit same wheel or new wheels required also? They sure are spendy!!
11.00R20 will fit on the same wheels, but they sometimes rub the trunion cap bolts.

If I'm swapping tires on a deuce, I'm going to 395s on MRAP rims with adapter plates(pictured).

Attachments

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
You could upgrade to 6 lug 22.5 and switch to a commercial tire or recap tire with some traction upgrade. This work allow you to keep duals. You could run an 11R or 12R22.5 which are near equal to 11.00r20s

I have a commercial junkyard source for them if needed

tobyS

Yes, trailer and truck are the same (if OEM). There are a lot of 9.00 that would make the trip and are left over from someone going bigger. I would not change until you have a plan and know other issues are behind you.

snowplow

11.00R20 will fit on the same wheels, but they sometimes rub the trunion cap bolts.

If I'm swapping tires on a deuce, I'm going to 395s on MRAP rims with adapter plates(pictured).

Very nice looking any guess as to cost for tires & wheels for this & sources?

snowplow

You could upgrade to 6 lug 22.5 and switch to a commercial tire or recap tire with some traction upgrade. This work allow you to keep duals. You could run an 11R or 12R22.5 which are near equal to 11.00r20s

I have a commercial junkyard source for them if needed

Yes, interested in a quote for going to singles & keeping duals lowest cost will likely win!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks